Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ceramics Project

The medium of my project is clay, we planned the size, shape, and pattern of our objects by cutting paper to different shapes and choosing which pattern we liked the most. Then after we selected with shaped we wanted we placed the paper on top of a clay slab and used knives to cut the clay to that shape. After we had the general shaped we placed the slab on top or down into a bowl depending on the preferred purpose, i wanted a bowl so i placed my slab down into the other bowl. The intended purpose for my piece was to be used as something like a cereal bowl, unfortunately it did not turn out like i wanted so i just place miscellaneous stuff in there. I learned from the project how to properly work with clay and if i had to go back and do it over i would not have used such a deep bowl because it made it hard to shape my bowl into it and also taking it out was a pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment